Triage and Human Rights
- May 2021: Dr Vivek Bhatt has published a blog post discussing human rights and triage on the Pandemic & Beyond website. Read the post here.
- March 2021: The EAP research team, with Dr Vivek Bhatt as the lead author, has published an article in the Journal of Medical Ethics entitled ‘Human rights and COVID-19 triage: a comment on the Bath protocol’. The article draws upon human rights to address a set of tensions in a triage protocol suggested by Cook et al. (2020).
Triage and Discrimination
- December 2020: Wayne Martin published a book chapter on triage and discrimination: ‘Discrimination, Triage and Denial-of-Treatment: Lessons from COVID-19 in the UK‘.
- April 2020: In collaboration with the Ethics of Powerless project and the Essex Human Rights Centre, the Autonomy Project has produced a technical report on bioethical and human rights issues raised by triage during the Covid-19 pandemic.
See the full report below:
- In collaboration with the Essex Explores public lecture series, Prof Wayne Martin (Director of the Autonomy Project) delivered an online public lecture. Title: The Ethics of Triage: Philosophy in the Time of COVID-19.
See the full recording below: